Things are somewhat uncertain at the moment, but there ARE things you can control, and right now that is the content of your advertising message during COVID-19.
When everything settles down from this current situation, it’s the agents that are prepared and focused in the right areas with the right message who will not only land on their feet – but thrive.
We are at a tipping point where typical messaging in the marketplace isn’t going to work the same way. It’s important to be reassuring right now and not push people into buying or selling their homes.
Being a resource to your community has never been more important. Marketing never stops. Even when a crisis event like coronavirus seems to be consuming everyone’s attention, you still have to get your message out — but do so in a sensitive, thoughtful way.
We know that everyone is online right now… but we also know that everyone is home as well. The mail is still being delivered and direct mail has a 90% open rate, compared to only 20-30% of emails. Consider these statistics:
- 42.2% of direct mail recipients either read or scan the mail they get.
- Direct mail requires 21% less cognitive effort to process than email.
- Direct mail offers a 29% return on investment.
- 73% of American consumers say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail because they can read it whenever they want.
Now is the perfect time to get your message out via direct mail if you’re not already doing so.
What’s that message going to look like?
As I said, become a resource for your community during this time of uncertainty. Here are some ideas that you can utilize:
- Encourage your community to shop small
- Offer support to those in need within your community if you live in the area
- Provide links and resources to local and community information regarding COVID-19
- Interest rates impact
- How to stay fit at home
- Fun activities to entertain your children
- Tips for working from home
Sending out a community magazine to your farming area is the most effective way to get this kind of messaging out to your target audience. Not only does it provide the space that you need to incorporate this kind of information, but it isn’t “salesy” either – which is what you want to avoid right now.
The Neighborhood Connection is committed to helping your business thrive. Through our direct marketing services, we can support you in delivering your advertising message during COVID-19 in a thoughtful and sensitive manner. Once the dust settles, your audience will value your commitment to the community and remember you when they’re ready to buy or sell.